Tuesday 31 July 2007

A Redbird Christmas by Fannie Flagg

I bought this book at one of the charity shops in Newton Abbot. I was in the midst of a book which I left at home, as my meeting was delayed I had chance to search for a book to fill the time with. I started this in the wee hours of Sunday morning, and finished it this morning.

It is the very gentle story of Oswald, who is advised to move South. He does and is soon involved within the local community - Patsy who is neglected and had a bad leg, Roy and his redbird, who had been injured and wasn't likely to pull through, but did. I loved the characters - gentle and genuine and at a rather delicate time in my life this book was a gentle one to read, and was quite comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...