Thursday 1 February 2007

Monthly Reviews - January 2007

January seemed to go on forever. Despite being busy, it seemed a dreadfully long month. Several things happened I went to my endrocrinologist appointment last Friday.

We heard from two friends, one in New Zealand and One in Australia that they had, had new additions to their families, strangly enough both girls!

Mum and I spent several hours sorting out her pension arrangements for Feb, which she reaches the big 60! There is lots of form filling and each wretched form has to be accompanied with her birth certificate, which means they have to go, one after the other, which is understandable, but irritating!

I managed to keep up with my journaling for several projects, and the weekly journal over at Work is becoming more and more emotionally draining. I have an especially unpleasant situation happening at the moment. My CPD folder is in a mess and I am dreadfully behind writing everything up.

I reduced the ring pile from 10 at the start of the month. If I am totally honest, I've had a succession of books here, totaling between 7-10 since October! It has now reached the dizzy number of one book and I am almost done with it.

January was a month of reading, I read a total of 15 books, including 4 books scoring a 10 and several 9s. Actually there wasn't much I didn't enjoy. Here is my list, culled from my web page reading list.

1. KNITTING RULES! by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee *
2. YARN HARLOT, THE SECRET LIFE OF A KNITTER by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee *
3. THE MANGO SEASON by Amulya Malladi

4. FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND by Sarah Challis *

5. SAM’S LETTERS TO JENNIFER by James Patterson *

6. THE BIRTH ORDER BOOK by Dr Kevin Leman

7. TESTIMONY OF AN IRISH SLAVE GIRL by Kate McCafferty
8. THE JASMIN MOON MURDER (A Tea Shop Murder Mystery) by Laura Childs
9. NO! I DON’T WANT TO JOIN A BOOK CLUB by Virginia Ironside

10. (UN)ARRANGED MARRIAGE by Bali Rai

11. WILL YOU BE MOTHER?: WOMEN WHO CHOOSE TO SAY NO by Jane Bartlett

12. CROW LAKE by Mary Lawson

13. BOUND FOR MURDER by Laura Childs

14. THE QUILTER’S APPRENTICE (Elm Creek Novel Book 1) by Jennifer Chiaverini
15. ROUND ROBIN (Elm Creek Novel Book 2) by Jennifer Chiaverini

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...