Tuesday 17 April 2007

Homework, Week 16, 2007: Vivid Memories

Describe the clearest, most vivid memory of your childhood.....

I consider myself to be lucky; I can remember back to the age of about 3 years old. Visiting my Great Grandmother, She was poorly, mainly due to being elderly, when I was 3 years old, she would have been 93. She would invite me to sit on her bed and cuddle up, which once I was lifted onto the bed, I of course did. She was fun great grandma and always had time for me, even though I must have exhausted her! She would sit, leaning against 3 or 4 pillows with a beaming smile. She had a rounded face and her silvery hair pulled back into a bun. I don't remember her passing away, or even being aware that I was no longer visiting her.

I have some super photos of her, but this one is my favourite.



Sitting down is my great great Grandmother Caroline Harris, nee Ellis (born 1844) with four of her children, Annie (far left) was my great grandmother, along with her sisters Mabel, Kate and Rose.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...