Sunday 12 June 2011

I was sent to Coventry!


I'm just back from the conference hosted by my employer. I travelled up to Coventry in the Midlands of England on Friday and had, eventually been allocated a room at the Novotel Hotel in Coventry.

I have to say dinner at the hotel was very good for a hotel. Dinner comprised of Prawn Cocktail to start and then for a main meal I had the gammon served with fries, a poached egg and salad. I opted to miss desert.

The conference itself was in the Ricoh Arena. The conference was full on with a real focus on the detail. It made a real change when compared to conferences hosted by my previous employer. After a really busy schedule we were transported back to our hotels to get ready for a gala dinner.

The dinner itself was delicious. Initially as we entered the Arena there was nibbles and champaign. One of the nibbles a pastry, in the shape of a 5ml medicine spoon with a cream cheese swirl on top - a great touch for a pharmacy chain!. Dinner comprised of Rock melon and Figs served with cheese and a sprig of salad. The main course was a leg of lamb with potatoes and vegetables and then for desert a strawberry slice. Congratulations to the chef and their team - dinner for 1700 people is not an easy task! Alas no photos, but I suspect that a colleague or two might email one across to me to accompany this post.

5 comments:

  1. Wow!! Excellent dining. I love the pastry spoon idea. Very cute and so appropriate. I adore lamb, so I'm a bit envious of your lovely meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a lovely meal. Cross with myself that I didn't get a photo of the pastry spoons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds delicious.

    When I stayed at a hotel chain last year, I was disappointed with the hotel food.

    have a good week

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. One can never be sure the quality of a meal at a hotel. Some are excellent but more are inferior. I'm glad you found a very good hotel with good food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I could eat a lot of those pastry spoons!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...