Sunday 26 June 2011

Weekend Cooking - Allsorts


Over the last month or so I have been a bit slack on the weekend cooking posts. I don't know what has caused this, just simply being off colour.

I like reading the regional newspaper on a Saturday. As well as the local news items, as you would expect there is a round up of antique sales, cooking, films, books and alike. I usually find something in print that makes me remove a page or two from the paper.

Here is a recipe from a few weeks ago, which sounds lovely, although I have not had time to make it yet.








Then last weekend we have a dinner that I almost threw together. We got engrossed in a few things at home and before I knew it was dinner time!

A quick rummage in the fridge revealed some chicken portions, mushrooms and bacon.

It was very quick to make. First boil some water with a splash of Olive Oil then add the pasta. Meanwhile, cut the chicken breasts and mushrooms. I had a few slices of bacon and a sad looking tomato which I added to use them up then I added a container of Philadelphia cheese - this one was herb and garlic. It took about 25 minutes and was delicious!

Last Friday, I finished work a little early and hubby met me for a late lunch. Our usual place in town was closed which was initially disappointing until we ventured into a local restaurant called the Dairy Maid. I am fairly predictable and selected the Jacket Potato with cheese with side salad.
The side salad was interesting combination & was delicious. There was lettice, tomato, celery and cucumber which I gave to Stuart as I am allergic to it. There was also orange and yellow peppers, strawberries and blackberries sprinkled with cress on top. The cheese was strong, which is just how I like it!

3 comments:

  1. Your throw-together dinner looks really nice, like a good stroganoff! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the chicken dish -- looks easy and delicious. Oh and I love salad with fruit in it (as I said on another weekend cooking post today). Your lunch looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really interesting salad mix; lots of color and different tastes :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...