Thursday 30 January 2014

Family History Writing Challenge 2014

FHWC 2014
Courtesy of
The Armchair Genealogist
This is the fourth year that I have taken part. This year I tend to use the month long challenge to do several things. 

Firstly, edit work already written, and "process" that material ready for publication. 

Secondly continue writing the next project, which is a big one and will be published in the first quarter of 2015. 

Thirdly, scope out a further project in preparation for the autumn of 2014.

The details of the challenge itself can be found here with an outline of the potential writing commitment for the month. For the big project I will aim to write 28,000 words over the course of the month which is about half of the complete project. I won't be sharing that via this blog because it is a commissioned and to be published endeavour, but over the course of this year there will be hints, snippets and details at the website for the book

Meanwhile, some editing will be happening on material already written. The scoping out on the third item on my list will also be taking place and for that I will probably write around 1,000 words a day. I will also be writing at this blog during the month (as usual). 

There is nothing like being busy!


2 comments:

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...