The success of a book is to me the following -
- Unable to put down, and begrudging putting the book down if I have too!
- A book where the storyline remains with me long after I have finished it
- A book that I want to tell everyone about
- A book where the storyline can either parallel something in my own life or that I can identify with or perhaps that I want to explore further.
Casting my mind back over the course of recent years. Books that have fitted into my own criteria are as follows
- Home: The Story of Everyone who ever Lived in our House by Julie Myerson
- Stasiland: Stories from behind the Berlin Wall by Anna Funder
- The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne
- A Thread of Truth by Marie Boswick