Tuesday 20 December 2011

The Book Bloggers Cookbook 2011

The 2011 Book Blogger's Cookbook (The…I recently became aware that this was available for
the Kindle. My Kindle isn't available until after Santa brings it! but I downloaded the book and was able to read it via the iPad app made available by Amazon.

What a fantastic idea; I so wish I had thought of it!

The layout is clear and simple. Starting with a photograph of the book cover with the name of the author, then followed by a synopsis of the book. Next comes the recipe with photograph, inspired by the book and lastly a small list of what several bloggers said about the book with click able links to their respective blogs, which hosts their full reviews.

There are indexes of books, authors, contributing blogs and recipes which is great, as so many books of this sort don't bother with indexes and that is a pet hate of mine!

I have a couple of favourites - Rosemary and Lemon Roasted Chicken, which accompanies the book, Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. I also spotted a rather fun cozy mystery called Lemon Tart by Josi S Kilpack. Not too surprisingly, the accompanying recipe is for To Die For Lemon Tart!

This such a simple idea, yet a really enjoyable read, full of recipes to try, books to read and blogs to explore. Exactly what a book blogging cook needs!  I loved this book and plan to sign up to take part in the next edition. 

My advice is sit with a cup of your favourite drink, a note pad and pencil and jot down the names of those books, recipes and blogs to visit.....I did!

Available to purchase and download via Amazon

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again-I just found this post LOL!

    Christy

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...