Tuesday 20 December 2011

Tea Cup Tuesday - Santa's Around the World

A few years ago, I stumbled across a rather nice set of mugs made by Spode. Each Christmas, from 1998 until 2004, Spode released one mug featuring a Santa from a different Country.






Here they are in more detail -

In 1998 the First of the series was the British Santa



In 1999 Spode released the German Santa, which is one of the two I have missing and am still seeking.

In 2000 Bishop of Myra was released.


Then in 2001, The Russian Santa was release, the second one that I am missing from the set.

In 2002 The Norwegian Santa made an appearance



In 2003, The French Santa was released



And finally, in 2004 to complete the series, the American Santa was released.



I think of all the set that I currently have my favourite is the American Santa, because of the vibrant, festive colours. Which one is your favourite?

Taking part in Tea Cup Tuesday hosted by Artful Affirmations & Martha's Favourites

6 comments:

  1. What a treasure they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful set! I am between the British & the American. They are so well done! Didn't know about the set. Thanks for sharing and Happy Chritsmas to you and your family!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely set of Christmas mugs! I like the Pere Noel and the American best, I think although the Brisith one appeals to me too. I hope you can find the ones you don't have yet. Thanks so much for sharing these with us at Tea Time and A Happy Christmas to you and your loved ones.

    Christmas blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful collection that is. My favorite would be Pere Noel, not only is he French, he has a basket by his side. Two of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is a lovely series of Santas! Spode does design really beautiful china.
    Thank you for sharing this festive set with us.
    Merry Christmas!
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a NICE set! I've never seen these Spode cups. Thanks for sharing them. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...