Sunday 3 June 2012

A Knitter's Home Companion by Michelle Edwards

I was recently given the opportunity to review this book and am delighted that I did. I really enjoyed the book. The combination of recipes, pattens and chapters shared by the author, a collection of ramblings from past times, featuring old friends, new friend and contemplations.

Some reflective pieces, some amusing. I wonder whether Woody the Woodpecker liked and appreciated his knitted item?

What I think that I enjoyed the most was that I could identify with some of the passages written by the author. A special chair in which  to sit and enjoy life and from where knitting commences. Thoughts occur and conversations happen. Indeed, it felt as though I was sitting in the armchair next to Michelle while she knitted! As I read the various passages, my thoughts turned back to my childhood, when I sat with my Grandmother who tried very patiently to teach me to knit.

You can read the author's website HERE

I have been sent the following video by the Publisher and I received an e-book of this book in exchanged for an honest and open review.


My overall thoughts were this was a great book. I liked it so much that I have ordered a hardback copy that I can enjoy again and again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...