Saturday 11 August 2012

Ramblings from my Desk.....(8)

At the risk of sounding confessional, it has been 10 days since my last blog post. I know, it is unusual, but then the last 33 days have not been usual at all. The reason is that I have been home alone and quite frankly I have been exhausted.

Hubby arrived home today, the car chockabloc with luggage, clothes, uniform, footwear and a very large pile of dirty washing. Hubby has been away at one of the Olympic venues and has been gone a total of 33 days. Believe me when I say it has been a very long month. He trundled off on 11th July and we spent, for the first time in 18 years our wedding anniversary apart. We have seen each other during the month when I have travelled to his location, but all that travelling on top of my working week, and a dodgy back it has taken its toll.

At the time of writing this Team GB has 59 medals and I am very proud of the achievements that those who have represented us have made. The opening ceremony was amazing and in some ways I can not believe that all the hype and it is almost over. The closing ceremony is tomorrow and then at the end of August for 2 weeks we head into the Paralympics.

In the meantime, I plan to catch up on the various draft blog posts, book reviews and genealogical posts. So normal service will be resumed soon.

In the meantime, I have made some headway with my Olympic Reading Challenge - are you going to join me?

2 comments:

  1. We have been so proud of Team GB. Had to fly the Jack outside every day. Plus the Olympics have been done brilliantly from what we hear...except the Wembly keys. There have been lots of misty eyes here when the anthem has been played. Well done us!!!
    Do we get to hear about your DH's experiences too?
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, in a few weeks I will be able to share a bit of his experiences!

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...