Wednesday 23 April 2014

The Land where Lemons Grow by Helene Attlee

I firmly believe that the way we can understand our genealogy is to read and become aware of the historical, and perhaps other aspects in the way of life relating to the historical community that we hail from.

The Land Where Lemons Grow: The Story of…By way of demonstration, I shall share with you a newly published book that explains what I mean. BBC Radio 4 here in the UK routinely has a "Book of the Week". This week the book is "The Land where Lemons Grow" by Helene Attlee.

Over the course of five days, the book has been abridged and shared with listeners across the radio airwaves. You can see the details, and perhaps listen to the segments of the book HERE. If you are outside of the United Kingdom I can not confirm if you can still hear the abridged version.

What I will say is that I have really enjoyed listening to the abridged version, so much that I have purchased a copy.

The book displays a degree of food, cookery and history of Italy and Sicily. Sicily is of course where my own genealogical interests lie.

You can read some further details and a review at The Times Literary Supplement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...