Friday 27 May 2011

Weekend Cooking - Foodie Quotes


This week has been a challenging one. We heard some sad news over last weekend and although I have written a few posts this week and gone to work, I have been rather preoccupied. Then on Tuesday we heard that my relative had passed away, and Australia is long way from England.

Over the last few weeks I have not submitted a Weekend Cooking post and rather missed it. Last weeks post was delayed, but did have a food theme - you can see that post HERE. At the front of that book was this rather super quote, which made me smile.

"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. 
Unless there are three other people." 
Orson Welles

More great food quotes are available at this SITE.

6 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Sorry to hear of your loss. I love that quote. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books
    http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/05/reveiw-table-of-contents.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about the sadness in your life. Thinking of you.
    And what a cheering quote that is. Very, very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    That's a great quote :) Checking out that link, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quote!!

    So sorry to hear of your loss. It's so hard when you're so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for the comments. The last year has been a tough one, three family bereavements I am averaging one every four months with an average age of 70. It is hard being away and events such as this has made me realise just how fragile life is; a mortality check as my recent bereavement was younger than me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear of the passing of your relative.

    That is a wonderful quote.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...