Saturday 14 July 2012

Family History Through The Alphabet Challenge: I is for....

On the back of the A-Z April Challenge, the lovely folk at Gould Genealogy devised another challenge - Family History Through the Alphabet Challenge. Each week, we work through the letters of the alphabet sharing perhaps an elusive ancestor, a favourite or particular ancestor, or perhaps a heirloom.

is for Italian

Part of my ancestry that has not been explored nearly enough is my Italian connection. I was born in England and bought up neglecting the Italian side of my heritage. Strictly speaking I am half Sicilian and my ancestors come from a commune in the middle of the Island called Sutera.
Orlando ONS
Commenced & Registered in 2002

Researching ancestors in Italy and Sicily require you to actually know the village where your ancestors live. There is no central depository in Italy. I am in the middle of a fairly large project involving this part of my ancestry which is why virtually no information is posted here, but there are likely to be some changes in the future!

I do though host a One Name Study for the Italian name in question, which is Orlando.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...