Monday 8 July 2013

Death Swatch by Laura Childs


Death Swatch (Berkley Prime Crime Mysteries)…
It has been a while since I have read any of the books by Laura Childs, so I was pleased to see this one (and another that I still have to read yet) on the shelf.

I had read one of the earlier books of the scrapbooking series, but appear to be reading out of order (rare for me!). 

New Orleans is in full Mardi Gras swing. Carmela and her good friend Ava are invited to a party hosted by their friend Jekyl who is a designer of floats that are used for the Mardi Gras procession. 

During the party in the French Quarter of the city Jekyl's float partner is murdered. Carmela unable to resist a good mystery is determined to find the culprit.

Meanwhile it appears that there is a Russian illegal drink maker in town, a hunt for missing treasure, a rather irritating ex husband and a potential romance with a policeman all added to the mix of this cosy mystery.

As always, Laura Childs has managed to weave a gentle murder into the pages of the book. A nice read for a summer's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...