Tuesday 25 January 2011

Burns Night - 25th January

I had never celebrated Burns Night as I am from England and as I grew up it was not really promoted. Having met my husband, who although was not born in Scotland did grow up there, so we have always made a bit of an effort to have a Burns Supper for the occasion.

There are two recipes that I choose from Haggis Pie or Wee Beastie! Always served for dinner on the 25 January, which is the anniversary of Robert Burns birthday. If you don't like Haggis, as my Mum does not, I usually cook a chicken breast instead!

1 comment:

  1. I'm Scottish through-and-through but have never celebrated Burns Night and have only had haggis a couple of times in my life!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...