Tuesday 7 February 2012

Beyond the Internet Week 5: Off to Schools

I can remember starting school, just before my 5th birthday and knowing how to write my name and read. I was greatly encouraged by my Mum and my Grandmother. I have wonderful memories of sitting on my Grandmother's knee and her reading to me. 

I went to the same primary school as my Mum. We were even taught by the same teacher. My Grandmother went to a church school. One of the things on my to do list is to seek the school records and see what I can establish. One of the things my Grandmother told me that that her Mother had a cousin who was a school inspector. He would call and say "Mrs Matthews, I am here to discuss....." My Great Grandmother would always apparently interject and say "What have my boys been up to now....."

On reflection, I don't know I have waited so long to find the school records, and now on remembering this I really ought to try and establish just who this cousin was.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like some fun research ahead Julie. I know what you mean, there's always something we haven't yet got to.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...