Tuesday 28 February 2012

Tea Cup Tuesday - A Different Shaving Mug

This weekend marks, what would have been my Grandfather's 112th birthday. In my kitchen breakfast room there hangs, on some beams a series of mugs & cups. Nothing especially spectacular about any of them, but they each have a story to tell.

This is a cup I remember from my childhood. Originally it was one of those that came with a saucer and had an Easter egg in it; both long since gone. All that remains is this cup and and a series of happy memories. My Grandfather used this mug as his shaving mug when he was too unwell to get to the bathroom and shave at the sink.



Whilst the mug is not of value in the monetary sense, to me it is priceless.

Taking part in Tea Cup Tuesday hosted by Artful Affirmations & Martha's Favourites

2 comments:

  1. Oh It is an adorable mug, and more so for the memories you spoke of. How wonderful to have visuals that help hold those dear dear memories.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...