Tuesday 5 November 2013

Talented Tuesday - Guild of One Name Studies Competition

I have been a member of the Guild of One-Name Studies for over 10 years. I joined because I wanted to capture all references to the Italian surname that reflected my Italian ancestry, share resources and methodology with other researchers undertaking similar quests.

The Guild is a fairly proactive and progressive Society. Back in the Summer I read of an announcement which sought to engage the minds and creativity of members. I am not especially crafty, but I after several weeks I managed to pull together a bit of a slogan. Not brilliant, but I subscribe to the theory it is the taking part that counts!

So yesterday, it was announced the voting had been completed and the winners were to be announced. Tessa Keough on behalf of the Guild pulled together this short video to announce the winners.



Having watched this recent video I was reminded of the hard work that Tessa Keough did in pulling together the series of videos which were produced to accompany the competition. You can see those videos here. They might inspire you to undertake some different activities with your genealogy. Furthermore, Tessa has a really useful YouTube Channel, called Tessa Watch which is filled with some great videos. Well worth watching. You can view and subscribe to Tessa Watch here

Congratulations to the winners and to the Guild members who contributed to the competition, those that judged and of course provided the prizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...