Friday 26 August 2011

Postcard Friendship Friday - From Wales 1970 to Cornwall 2011.....


Last weekend I spent an hour or two catching up on a small pile of newspapers, having a read. I like to ponder over the amusing articles that I might find. Here is one that I thought would make an interesting submission for Postcard Friendly Friday.
Published in the Western Morning News 19 August 2011

Hopefully the article can be read, but a brief synopsis is, the postcard was posted in North Wales on 17 April 1970 and was addressed to Mr & Mrs Keat of Butts Cottage Blisland which is in North Cornwall. The postcard was delivered to the current owners on August 4th, 2011. The senders of the postcard were JR & PG Rowe who resided in Whitecross, of which there are two in Cornwall. Interesting, Royal Mail suggested that it had not been in the postal system for 40 odd years,but......

Submitted as part of Postcard Friendship Friday hosted by The Best Hearts are Crunchy

6 comments:

  1. How very interesting! I enjoyed reading this so much. Thank you for sharing this.

    Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do enjoy stories like that. I also like the fact that it was sent from Wales, has the Declaration of Abroath stamp and was sent to England. A card covering three countries. A well travelled card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I'm not at all sure whether to believe the Royal Mail, but who's to know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a nice article. Thanks for sharing this. I clicked on the photo and it enlarged enough to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That postcard indeed took its time to travel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great story! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...