Sunday 28 August 2011

Sunday Stamps - A Collection of Penny Blacks

i

Welcome, to the latest Sunday Stamps posting.

I had planned to post a completely different post this week, but then this morning, whilst reading the paper; The Western Daily Press dated 27th August 2011, I spotted the following picture of a collection of Penny Blacks. The collection sold at an auction in Sherborne in Dorset for £2,400. A rather impressive set. I was though, slightly surprised that they didn't sell for more.

Western Daily Press 27th August 2011
Submitted as Sunday Stamps hosted by Viridian's Postcard Blog

6 comments:

  1. Bargain:-) I suppose there were so many of them they are not rare, but would be nice to have in a collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard they weren't particularly rare but all the same, it doesn't sound like much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not rare, but I not surprised at the price. You have to establish what year they were produced as apprently lots were printed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what they usually sell for or what the differences are, but that sounds like a lot of money to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To an American that does sound like a bit of money!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely out of my range! Haha. Thanks for sharing the insight.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...