Sunday 28 August 2011

Sunday Salon - Sunday Reflections


I have not posted recently, which is a shame. I have been working on various projects, doing some reading and coping with the day job, which in itself is not difficult, but I have had a further complication and the result of that is my loss of confidence and faith in myself. So, when things get tough, I tend to focus on various hobbies and interests and reading usually plays a part in that.

I am currently writing the reviews for the following recently read books.


I have another book which arrived this week for a review for the Federation of Family History Societies.


I also have four other reviews to post, not to mention a rather large mountain of books to read. I am attempting to not purchase any books. I have not been to the library in ages, although I did ask my Mum to renew a book that I was about to get a fine for and I still want to read. So that needs to be read in the next few weeks.

I am also on the look out for a book club; either virtual or local to me, where we can read and share thoughts and alike. If anyone has any recommendations I would appreciate it.

Overall, I am finding that I am caught up too much in work mode. I am, only a month back from my last holiday in desperate need of another and have until early October to wait. Work will settle down soon hopefully and once it does I will stop bring it home in my head and that will enable me to focus on the other important things of life - mainly my genealogy projects, reading and my beloved husband.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:25 pm

    Looks like you're really busy. I can see why :-) I see we share a hobby, genealogy. Well, that's very timeconsuming, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it is almost impossible to do all the things we want or need to do. Hang in there!

    Hope you do find a good book club. I've been thinking about that, too.

    Here's MY SUNDAY SALON POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope things get easier for you, and that you enjoy all of your books in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...