Saturday 22 October 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Wk 43 - Worse subject in School


Week 43. Worse School Subject. What was your worst or least favorite subject in school and why?
This challenge runs from Saturday, October 22nd, 2011 through Friday, October 28, 2011.

As I approached age 14, Mum was invited to the school to parent evening. There she was given details on the subjects that I should be encouraged to take as part of my options for my exams. Mum was advised to seriously discourage me from taking the following subjects:
  • Music as I am apparently tone deaf and have no ability - they were absolutely right!
  • Physical Exercise as I am constantly reading and would suffer dreadful injuries of being separated from my reading material. (Absolutely right!, although I loved hockey!) I was rubbish at netball as I could never remember where I was suppose to stand or the boundaries for my position. I would often hear "oh Julie" and instantly know that I had got it wrong.....again!
  • Physics - There was a bit of an incident in the lab. Thankfully the school remained standing, as did I!

1 comment:

  1. When I was five my first school report said 'Reading - poor, Writing - poor, Knitting - poor'. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...