Sunday 30 October 2011

Sunday Salon - Comments from an Armchair!


For those of you who read the Sunday Salon from last week, which was posted slightly late will know that I am currently out of kilter with Sciatica. I phoned the NHS Physiotherapy department last Monday to be told there are no appointments until December, so I made contact with a private one and had an appointment on Friday. This particular physio practices acupuncture and I do not like needles, no matter how big or small there are. Running out of the room was not option, so I was a brave girl! I left the room an hour later with a real sense of exhaustion and some exercises to do at home. I find release in sitting or laying down, and find walking and stairs tricky, really that should be very tricky, as this house has lots of stairs and is over by  3 levels.

I have spent the last week reading though a pile of papers in my study, I have read a bit and watched some television. I am not a fan of day time television and find that I get a bit bored with it all. I have made a few notes for some book reviews that I need to post. To be quite honest, I feel very out of sorts and want to get back to normality, nothing seems to be holding my attention. The one thing I seem to have done with any real enthusiasm is sleep.

Book reviews to post are

  1. Jersey Evacuees Remember Edited by Peter Tabb
  2. Tracing Your Channel Island Ancestors by Marie-Louise Backhurst (review for Federation of Family History Societies)
  3. Husbands May Come and Go, But Friends Are Forever by Judith Marshall (review for Adopt an Indie Month) (ebook)
I also picked up from the library last week 
  1. The Sense of An Ending by Julian Barnes
  2. The Generation Game by Sophie Duffy (Inspired by an article in the local paper; the author is local)
Until next week....

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the Sciatica, horrible painful - hope you soon recover. Wonder what you will make of JB's book - hope to read it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:12 pm

    I'm so sorry you're under the weather - pain like that can be so debilitating! I hope you're better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. Hope that you feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...