Saturday 1 October 2011

Killerton House, Devon - Part Four - Quilts

I particularly liked the Quilt on display, so much so, that I am going to share with you the photo yet again!


There was simply something about this quilt that I enjoyed, so I was delighted to see when we got to the gift shop at the exit that there was a selection of jigsaw puzzles showing this quilt. How could I resist?


 Here the pieces are, simply tipped out of the box.


A few particular shapes, I love the little rabbit & the tree!


And here it is, the completed project. This was a 40 piece puzzle which cost £6. The bigger one with 250 pieces cost £25. From looking at the puzzle it is quality and well worth the money!


3 comments:

  1. The quilt itself is beautiful. The puzzle is very fun. I especially enjoy that four of the pieces are non-typical puzzle shapes: the tree, bunny, leaf, and squirrel. They would be fun to display by themselves or even hang on a Christmas tree (if one likes that kind of ornament, which I do!).

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, Does the National Trust have an online shop to purchase the jigsaw from? It would make a great gift.
    Thank you from Claire, Hampshire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire, It would indeed make a great gift. The National Trust closes many of the houses for the winter for cleaning and restoration. The URL for Killerton is
      http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/killerton/

      I did though phone Wentworth's who advise me that they can not sell privately anything with the NT logo. The NT does have a shop, which might be worth having a look
      http://shop.nationaltrust.org.uk/searchresults/processsearch/Puzzle/0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0/1

      Hope that helps and you can locate one, failing that have you looked at eBay?

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...