Sunday 9 December 2012

Advent Calendar 2012 - Grab Bag


A few years ago, I stumbled across a rather nice set of mugs made by Spode. Each Christmas, from 1998 until 2004, Spode released one mug featuring a Santa from a different Country.





Here they are in more detail -

In 1998 the First of the series was the British Santa




In 1999 Spode released the German Santa.





In 2000 Bishop of Myra was released.



Then in 2001, The Russian Santa was release, the only one that I am missing from the set.

In 2002 The Norwegian Santa made an appearance



In 2003, The French Santa was released



And finally, in 2004 to complete the series, the American Santa was released.



I think of all the set that I currently, have my favourite is the American Santa, because of the vibrant, festive colours. Which one is your favourite?



7 comments:

  1. Oh, these Santa mugs are sweet! I do hope you find yourself one of the Russian mugs to complete your set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting. I think I like St. Nicholas best. I have a soft spot for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice collections. Are you hoping to find the 2001 Russian Santa, maybe at a flea market? For many years, back in the 70s, I collected a Wedgwood Christmas plate sold through Avon products, so I know the fun of collecting these things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara. I am seeking the Russian one. I have a search on eBay and every time I am in a collectables fair or second hand shop I always look. I only found the German mug earlier this year, after looking for about 4 years!

      Delete
  4. Nice Santa mugs! The American one looks jolly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely collection and what a shame that you're missing the Russian one. Hopefully ebay or the fairs will turn one up. I have to say with my heritage that I like the German one, so I"m pleased you found it, but I also like the Bishop of Myra. Do they have an Aussie one yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly no Pauline. This is the complete set, well apart from the Russian one, so sadly there is no chance of an Aussie one. Wonder what it would look like though.

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...