Monday 31 December 2012

Goodbye 2012!

Well, some of the globe has already welcomed in 2013 and some still has to welcome it.

Here in the UK, at the time of writing we have just under 45 minutes to go.

2012 has been a strange year for this household. We have had two family bereavements, both on my side of the family, a cousin in May and another cousin over the weekend, so we role into 2013 with a funeral.

Work has been a challenge and 2013 is all set to be different on that front and as I often say, "on wards, and upwards"

We saw the amazing Jubilee in June and then in July and August the Olympics and Para Olympics. In September we headed off to see family in Australia and that has to be the high light of the year for me.

Across the year I have met some wonderful people, professionally, via on line in the blogosphere and through my local book group. We have lived here for over a decade and in that time I had sought a book group. A chance conversation in the library and bingo I not only found one, but they had space too!

I have read some great books and blog posts, involved myself in various actions both on line and off line and will continue on both of these fronts over the coming year.

As a couple we made some fairly big decisions and now look forward to putting our plans into action and moving forward with those plans.

I hope that where ever you are and whether you are celebrating with a glass of something sparkling or doing as I am and heading off to bed with some fruit, a book, a cup of tea and Alfie our beloved Border Terrier that you can "park" all the horrid bits of your personal 2012 and enjoy the memories of all those good bits. and look forward to a new and exciting year.

Happy New Year everyone!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad the past year produced positive memories despite the distress of losing family members. Live each day fully. That's all we can count on.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...