Monday 19 March 2012

100 Word Challenge - Week 35

Joining the weekly 100 words challenge for Grown ups. This week the prompt is to use the following prompt with no more than 100 words.

......the red box...... 


As he lifted the red box and placed it on his desk he was shacking a little inside. He knew that as he later opened the red box and subsequently read from the papers inside he would absolutely have made his mark in history. He would either be labelled the chancellor who made history or the one who damaged his career in the time it took to read the details. Either way, he was reading what he believed was absolutely the best thing to do. To be the best, you must do the right thing. There was no turning back.

Taking part in the 100 word Challenge for Grown Ups – Week #35

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:40 am

    I see you went with the political meaning for your story. I don't completely understand that side, but I can sense the importance of it in your piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:42 pm

    Given the chaotic state of politics here in the US, I truly appreciate the reality of how every decision can make or break a political career.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to think that he thinks he is saying what he believes in.
    We shall see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...We will, although I don't suspect today!

      Delete
  4. Anonymous11:49 pm

    I would love to see a leader stand up and do the right thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't we all, I dare say we won't see it today!

      Delete
  5. Nice one this. I'll reserve comment about the budget itself. Well done for topicality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent, very topical piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:36 pm

    Aha I'm in the westcountry and also have border terrorists! nice writing!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...