Sunday 4 March 2012

Weekend Cooking - Forgotten Recipes

Several weeks ago I came across a website, aimed mainly at genealogy. You can visit the site HERE. One of the links on the main page is called Barry's Forgotten Recipes. You do need to register, but having done so you receive each week a link to some forgotten recipes and then periodically a complete PDF version of an antique cookbook.

Intrigued, I registered and began to receive the weekly email with the update for that week. I also received a full PDF of The New Dr Price Cook Book.

What is quite useful, is that the weekly update provides not only the recipe, but also the date the recipe has been sourced from.

Overall, this is quite a useful site, for those who just like reading old recipes and for those interested in the social and domestic lives of our forebears.

Taking part in Weekend Cooking, hosted by BethFishReads

11 comments:

  1. Oooh. I love old recipes. They are pieces of history. I'm going to check out this site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it Beth. I quite agree, wonderful pieces of history.

      Delete
  2. You always come up with the most interesting things! I had a blast last weekend at your site visiting the Jersey WWII tunnels. I am going to check out this site now. Can't wait to see what you come up with next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Libby - thank you (blush!). I haven't planned which post to use for next weekend, (I always keep a few in reserve!)but I hope you won't be disappointed.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this link Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to see what they find that has been 'forgotten'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun concept for a site! Great for all of us who like genealogy and food!
    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a site to spend ours just browsing old recipes. I love the vintage cover on that cookbook you posted. So charming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea and I love the cover of Dr. Price Cook Book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I signed up! Thanks you thank you thank you for telling us about this! My recipes are from an Anne of Green Gables Cookbook

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...