Sunday 4 September 2011

NaBloPoMo - Return - Day Four


After having a disturbed night I still woke early, how annoying is that? Anyway, I popped the kettle on for a cup of tea then headed back to bed with my latest read.

At just 10 am the church bells started ringing; and I pondered on how lovely it was to hear, and the very fact that after hundreds of years we still call people to church in the same way. I imagined the townspeople of the 19th Century hurrying from their humble homes to the church upon the call of the bells, and reflected on what the church meant to people two centuries ago. I have no local connections and after 15 years still do not think of Devon as my home. My roots are firmly in Surrey and I pondered on the activities of my ancestors. The fact that up and down the land, bells would have called parishioners to church in the same old way and I think that is quite remarkable.

Taking part in NaBloPoMo for Septmber. NaBloPoMo stands for National Blog Posting Month. The Goal is for participants to write a post each day for a month. To help inspire bloggers, NaBloPoMo allocates a theme for each month. The theme for September is Return.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...