Saturday 3 September 2011

Weekend Cooking - Rissoles


Last weekend here in the UK was a holiday, which meant an extra day off work, well it would have done except that I worked last Saturday.

On Sunday we had a joint of roast pork. As customary, I planned to have bubble and squeak on Monday using the left over vegetables. I then remembered that my Grandmother used to make Rissoles with the meat using a mincer.

I still have her original mincer, but elected to buy mince lamb and use that instead.

  1. First, peel and boil the potato. 
  2. Lightly brown the mince - I used my electric fry pan. I didn't add any butter, and let it cook in its own juice with an onion. 
  3. Mash the potato. I added a little butter and milk and pepper.
  4. Place the potato and mince in a mixing bowl and mix together
  5. Flour a bread board and then make scone shape with the lamb and potato mix
  6. Add to a pan to cook. I added to a frying pan with no oil and keep turning.
I served with the bubble & squeak, but any vegetables would do!

 Weekend Cooking is a weekly event and hosted by Beth Fish Reads


8 comments:

  1. I've had bubble and squeak but I'm not sure I've had rissoles (at least I don't remember them). Sounds like the ultimate comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed a comfort food; I especially love mash potato!

    ReplyDelete
  3. never heard of rissoles ..although my mother had several recipes to use up leftover mashed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Other than the meat, this sounds very much like a boxty recipe I made.

    http://lettersfromahillfarm.blogspot.com/2011/03/boxty-on-st-patricks-day.html

    Why did I think rissoles were a rice dish?:<)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of this but it sounds and looks really good!
    Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I've heard of rissoles. Thanks for the lesson!
    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds really good! I just love the name "bubble and squeak" - makes you want to smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a very forgiving recipe where you can use what is on hand. Love that kind of cooking.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...