Last weekend here in the UK was a holiday, which meant an extra day off work, well it would have done except that I worked last Saturday.
On Sunday we had a joint of roast pork. As customary, I planned to have bubble and squeak on Monday using the left over vegetables. I then remembered that my Grandmother used to make Rissoles with the meat using a mincer.
I still have her original mincer, but elected to buy mince lamb and use that instead.
- First, peel and boil the potato.
- Lightly brown the mince - I used my electric fry pan. I didn't add any butter, and let it cook in its own juice with an onion.
- Mash the potato. I added a little butter and milk and pepper.
- Place the potato and mince in a mixing bowl and mix together
- Flour a bread board and then make scone shape with the lamb and potato mix
- Add to a pan to cook. I added to a frying pan with no oil and keep turning.
I served with the bubble & squeak, but any vegetables would do!
Weekend Cooking is a weekly event and hosted by Beth Fish Reads