Sunday 18 September 2011

Sunday Stamps - Brasil


Welcome, to the latest Sunday Stamps posting.

As I said last week, I wasn't overly hopeful that I had any stamps suitable for following the theme for this week. I looked through my collection, and did not hit jackpot! -  I recall giving my non UK stamps to a friend when I was about 10 or so!

So, I was about to resort to finding something that perhaps might fit in with next week's theme early when I remembered that I had an envelope of stamps to send off to the stamp bank. So I opened the envelope and there I did strike it lucky with two stamps from Brasil.



Submitted as Sunday Stamps hosted by Viridian's Postcard Blog

7 comments:

  1. Well, there you go! Two interesting stamps I've never seen before. The stamp bank?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. I save postage stamps and send them to a charity who I guess can sell them on for funds for the charity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely "hit the jackpot" with these two, a great pairing of stamps, I'm intrigued by the top one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lucky find! I really like the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm intrigued by the top one too. perhaps he is a historian of Brazil? Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have much from most countries either. Although I do have my old stamp album, I try to do posts that include postcards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two fine stamps, especially the first. I put stamps I receive in an envelope too but only clear it out about once a year. This was a great find for you.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...