Monday 7 January 2013

100 Word Challenge - Week 72





Joining the weekly 100 words challenge for Grown ups. This week the prompt is to use the following prompt. Total word allowance - 105

…you said you’d do WHAT?….

Putting the phone down he knew when he relayed what he had just offered it was going to cause a row. He moved over to the dining room table and sat down in front of his roast. He had been looking forward to it, but now didn’t fancy it.

“How was she?”, “Is she coming down?” his wife asked,

He looked up, his chicken balanced on the end of his fork.

He feeling brave, replied

“I said I would drive up and get her”

You said what?” You do realise its 900 miles round trip.

Suddenly, the room turned chilly.


Taking part in the 100 word Challenge for Grown Ups – Week #72

5 comments:

  1. This piece captures the mood really nicely.
    I like this line: "He looked up, his chicken balanced on the end of his fork." The sentence itself is balancing, teetering, after which things take a turn for the worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:35 am

    I like the balanced chicken, too. And the last line. ~Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful writer you are. Have you had any training?! LOVE your writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth for your kind words. No I have not had any professional training, I simply write from what I know or have experienced, or maybe witnessed. I am off to explore your blogs.

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...