Sunday 13 January 2013

13 Challenges of 2013

Now, as readers of this blog will know, I like a challenge, so when I read this one over at Julia's Place I knew that I would probably take part. Julia is suitably inspired by her friend Lisa.

Here is the plan in Lisa's own words

‘Each challenge must be visited, photographed (where possible) & posted 13 times in the year. It does not have to be every day, every week or every month; but over the course of the year the 13 parts of the 13 challenges must be complete.’

  • Challenge 1 - Read 13 different books
  • Challenge 2 - Visit 13 different places
  • Challenge 3 - Visit 13 Museums and National Trust properties
  • Challenge 4 - Explore 13 different ancestors 
  • Challenge 5 - Walk Alfie (our Border Terrier) at 13 different venues
  • Challenge 6 - Recycle 13 different things no longer needed
  • Challenge 7 - Watch 13 different films (no repeat watches allowed)
  • Challenge 8 - Listen to 13 different unknown music artists or new albums
  • Challenge 9 - Write 13 letters that involve stamps and envelopes!
  • Challenge 10 - Cook 13 different recipes 
  • Challenge 11 - Visit 13 different eating venues
  • Challenge 12 - Take part in 13 group book reads 
  • Challenge 13 - Cull my book case by 13 books

6 comments:

  1. The cat may not like #5 so I think I'll pass :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can choose your own 13 - how about sit with the cat in 13 different venues? !!!

      Delete
    2. Does sound interesting. I'll have to think of 13 challenges to do 13 time this year. I guess exercise 13 times wouldn't be a very good one :p

      Delete
  2. Anonymous5:40 pm

    What a fun idea! You have some great goals for this years.

    Tell me about the ancestors? Are you a genealogist? I am (amateur) and would love to know how you pick 13 ancestors, and then... what will you do?

    Have fun with the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judith, I am a genealogists and have been for a long while. The plan is to use the Family History Writing Challenge (see Monday's post) which will run through Feb and thus give me 28 ancestors. I plan to write about those selected and highlight the bits I still want to explore then pop all 28 into a book and publish.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous9:53 am

      I see! So you already have a lot of information on these people (beyond DOB, kids, and job)? I have found loads and loads of ancestors but don't know that much about many of them (beyond the basics). Although some I know more about (like one that was banned from café's) or another that was a (locally) famous ship builder.

      I'm not into genealogy so much at the moment, but the challenge sounds fun! Hope you manage your goals.

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...