Sunday 20 January 2013

Sunday Salon - Progressive Book Club

This week was the first official meet of the Progressive Book Club. Now I say meet, but we do not physically meet. Just as well as the weather this week has been shocking. We have had low temperatures, hail, rain and snow.

So we kicked off with an obvious virtual meet and there is a new link to the group which is HERE.

The next time we pull up our virtual chairs is on 20th February and the book we will be sharing is Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott.

Then on 20th March we are reading Save the Cat by Blake Snyder.

The April meet is on 17th and we shall be talking about The End of Life Book Group by Will Schwalbe. I have already read this book for the Bookies Too Group, but I shall post a further set of reflections. You can read my initial review HERE. I LOVED this book.

The other two books are new to me. I have ordered the first one using the library loan system, the on line catalogue advises me that there is one copy available in Tiverton, which has a lot of snow currently! hopefully I will get an email next week advising it is at the local library.

Any other salon members signed up to the PBG?

Until next week

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my blog and for the useful suggestions. I haven't done any blogging for a while so am a little rusty. I love your blog...all the bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. You will find the blogging world forgiving and educational. The friendships made along the way bridging the miles. All because of the internet!

      Delete
  2. The book club sounds like a good idea. I've gone off reading lately. The last three e-books I started put me off and I set them aside. It's a sad state when the books you read kill the desire for any others. Perhaps your club will excite you to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a shame. Reading is suppose to encourage us to want to learn more. My physical book club meets next week. The book was The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo a book that despite it's hype I would not have selected. Over the Christmas period the trilogy of films was broadcast, so I recorded them and want to do a comparison between the books.

      Delete
  3. It does look like a great book club, and the whole virtual thing is such a great idea in these busy times...and with weather challenges.

    Enjoy!

    Here's MY SUNDAY SALON POST

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...