Wednesday 20 February 2013

February Collage Photo Festival - Day 20

This is the year after the photograph taken yesterday, which makes this Spring 1976 or so.

The teacher was called Mrs Cressfield and boy could she be fierce.

Her speciality was maths and she would become so angry she would go red enough to burst. To a 6 year old that is terrifying and it undoubtedly put me off maths, despite the fact that to go into pharmacy I needed a good understanding of maths!

Despite having a bit of a rage, she was a very nice lady and like Miss Jerome, remembered her students long after they had moved on. The last time I was in Guildford I saw her in town, the first time since the early 1990s and she still remembered my name.

Again, see if you can spot me.

2 comments:

  1. The picture is a bit fuzzy. Are you the girl below the one in red? It's hard to believe that they would allow a teacher with a rage to be in charge of children. Especially as she put you off maths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture, Julie.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...