Friday 14 September 2012

Ramblings from my Desk.....(9)

Since my last ramblings post the Olympics have finished and the Paralympics started and finished. Didn't Team GB make us proud? Not though, just Team GB, all the Olympians represented their Countries with pride.

 A friend of mine was one of the Volunteers based at the Olympic Park and commented to me several times, that on occasions he was simply overwhelmed with the whole thing, which he described while using his hands to gesture a very large circle. Amazing and unbelievable were just two words that he used to describe the events. Whilst I watched using the television you could feel the spirit of the event.

London have hosted the Olympics twice before  in 1908 and 1948. On both occasions the only way to view the events was to be there as television didn't exist. How remarkable is that? In the space of 64 years we have managed to technologically revolutionise the world.

We are in the last few weeks before our trip to Australia. It has been a long time coming and in the last 2 weeks have had to deal with a change of flight because of overbooking. As a result we get more time in Australia, which absolutely has to be a good thing! On the flip side it means that I have less time to be organised and plan, hence my quietness of late.

We have not made it obvious to Alfie yet that we are going away. Sadly we have a rather bright dog. He see's suitcases and there he makes the following assessment

Suitcases + master & mistress  = being left and no or few cuddles = big sulking!

He is not being left. We have a guest coming to stay who loves Alfie to bits and he will be thoroughly, thoroughly spoilt. Not to mention our good friends will give him lots of extra loves, cuddles and walks.

On the work front, it continues to be something that I do each day. I have lost my work get up and go and sadly that feel does not appear to be returning any time soon. In the meantime, my own work plans are coming together nicely and I am hoping that just into the New Year it will be good to go!

Regular readers will hopefully have noted that I have added a Kiva badge to my sidebar. If you didn't please have a look, and perhaps have a look at the new page that is being created - see the page bar at the top. Over the last year I have done lots of raving about Kiva and the Genealogists for Families Team. Such a well worth project.

Well, that is it. Thanks to the few regular readers who dropped me emails to ask where I was. The fact that I was missed, in the ether of the internet is something very lovely!

3 comments:

  1. I do like ramblings. Hasn't it been a great British summer? The Olympics and Paralympics made it great.

    Is your trip to Aus for business or holiday? Hope you have a fab time, I love it there, especially North Queensland.

    Poor Alfie though, I do feel for him. Bring him back some extra special treats x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lesley, thanks for stopping by. I love rambling too according to Stuart I do it all the time!

      The trip is for pleasure and like you I love it there.

      Yes, poor Alfie, I feel dreadful leaving him, the logical bit of my brain says he is a dog, but the reality is he is one of the family.

      Delete
  2. Have a lovely time in Oz Julie...I'm soooo jealous! ;)

    Xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...