Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year 2012

Yesterday while I was sitting having my lunch I turned on the news at 1pm UK time and watched the tremendous firework display that occurred over Sydney as Australia saw in the New Year. My thoughts turning to my family who are down under!

Here are the tremendous fireworks - the fireworks start at around 2 minutes in! which makes the film just under 15 minutes. According to Sky News the cost was around 4 million pounds.



Eleven hours later, I watched the news again, as we saw the New Year in, here in the UK. In my hand a small glass of something fizzy! Fireworks to the sounds Big Ben striking, over the Houses of Parliament, River Thames and the Millennium Wheel. 2012 looks to be a promising and busy year in the UK, as we host the Olympics and celebrate Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:16 am

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:53 pm

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...