Sunday 29 January 2012

Thyroid Literary Challenge - Words of Encouragement

Dear Thyroid
Understanding, Knowledge, Share and Experience

When I was first diagnosed with a thyroid condition 20 years ago I wanted to gain as much knowledge as I could. Knowledge that would develop my understanding about the condition and enable me to share what I had learnt. 

The experience of being diagnosed, the experience of knowing that some doctors and consultants believed only the blood results rather than the patient in front of them. Trying to explain to others why I felt so ill and yet not knowing in what way. Coping with the feeling of despair that I had felt in those early days.

Having gained the knowledge and understanding it gave me the courage to share my experiences.  More importantly, it gave me the strength to challenge and question. This is my life and I can only live it once.

Taking part in the DearThyroid Literary Challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Hear, hear! That’s another thing we’ve got in common Julie, along with the cooking and crafting!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...