Monday 23 April 2012

100 Word Challenge - Week 39

Joining the weekly 100 words challenge for Grown ups. This week the prompt is to use the following prompt, 

.….I’m exhausted. Shut the door behind you….

She opened the door, so glad to get home. Dumping her handbag and briefcase on the hall floor, she threw her shoes off and tweaked her toes, feeling the soft carpet. Her jacket was unceremoniously hung off the bottom of the bannister. She made her way to the kitchen to make a cup of tea.

Just as she was about to mount the stairs she straightened her jacket; she would need it for tomorrow.

She lovingly kissed her husband who was leaving for a night shift then said “I won’t see you off, I'm exhausted. Shut the door behind you....

Taking part in the 100 word Challenge for Grown Ups – Week #39

12 comments:

  1. I really like this 100 word challenge Julie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be quite fun. Last week was a poetry one and I pondered and then gave up - too much else to do! I try and take part most weeks. Gets the creative grey cells flowing!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous2:44 pm

    Oh dear. I hope they get to spend time together sometimes. Nice piece! ~Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ships passing in the night BUT something very solid comes through about their relationship. LIke they have been together for along time and they are cemented into their routine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:15 pm

    ummm...lovely how she attends to the details, even the light kiss as she heads off to take care of herself, comfortable and at peace. :) nice writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:46 pm

    So many realisic entries this week! I loved the detail about kicking her shoes of and tweaking her toes - I bet every woman reading this can relate to that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm that woman right down to the jacket on the post! Although it is sad that they are ships that pass in the night, you have created a wonderful tenderness in this piece. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:58 am

    You have created a very rich and tender image of a brief ships that pass moment. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess that's a way of life for more people than we can imagine. Fine detail in this - lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always feel guilty when I turn in before he leaves for his graveyard shift...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous12:37 am

    Felt very authentic..could really imagine this scene between wife and husband. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very authentic..life happens like that sometimes. You added touches which showed these two were a great team.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...