Saturday 7 April 2012

Sepia Saturday 119 - Work

A recent find, that I was delighted to come across. This dates from around 1950 and shows, F. W. Woolworths on the left hand side of the High Street at Guildford. My Grandmother worked for Woolworths, or as she affectionately called it, Fred's back in the 1920s.

Sadly, a casualty of the recent recession, all attempts prior to their demise to locate early employee records failed and a small chapter of my Grandmother's life closes.
Circa 1950, High Street, Guildford Surrey
Taking part in Sepia Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...