Sunday 1 April 2012

Blogging A-Z - April Challenge - A is for .....

A is for......Australia

Map Courtesy of Lonely Planet

One of the most inspiring Countries that I have ever visited. 

I am of course biased, as I lived in this beautiful Country for a year about 20 years ago, but I have some really special memories of that time, the places I went to, the people I met and my family who looked after me, introduced me to their friends and allowed me to sleep and use the washing machine and plan my next steps. I have visited since then, each trip special in its own way.

Over the course of the coming weeks I shall use the A-Z Challenge to explore my links to this wonderful Country.

The link for the A-Z Challenge 2011 post is HERE

7 comments:

  1. This is one country I'd definitely love to visit, so much beauty and wildlife, would be great fun :)

    Universal Gibberish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, I look forward to following your A-Z blog challenge about Australia during April. I won't disagree with your statement "One of the most inspiring countries" but I am ofcourse also biased :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are biased, but quite rightly so!

      Delete
  3. Having just moved recently to live in Sydney (from the UK), I'm glad I discovered this entry for the A to Z. I'll be following with interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you! Most of the posts have a genealogical or historical thread to them, but not all of them!

      Delete
  4. Anonymous7:19 am

    Julie, I look forward to seeing your stories about Oz. I'm weighing up whether to get involved in this exercise. Thinking about family history places (I have a one track mind). It's that or places I've travelled (sometimes those two come together!) Dunno, but will enjoy yours :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, my theme is dominated by genealogical or historical links, but all. There is mention to a recent, within the last few weeks, that I have itching to blog about, but have paced myself, so it can appear here first!

      Last year I was random in my posts, the common denominator was things or people that meant something to me. This year I have this theme and I have a plan for next year. I just need to remember it!

      I am wondering whether to stand on the A-Z blog sidelines of the cassmob blog doing the football chant to encourage. lol!

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...