Monday 8 April 2013

Blogging A-Z - April Challenge - G is for .....Geelong

We had a lovely few days in Geelong. For some reason I never think of the sea when I think of Geelong, but it is located on the shoreline as you can see here.


It absolutely tipped it down with rain on our first day. Just heavy and furious showers, then suddenly they would stop and the sun would be out. It almost felt like home!

We had a lovely city walk, enjoyed several great meals and found a pub that sold Guinness, my Aussie cousin was delighted! I was surprised at the cost compared to back home. We stayed in a fairly central motel that was just what we needed after a few hectic days.

One of the things I discovered whilst in this part of Victoria was that a relative of the Ellis family had been a professional footballer for the Geelong team. I know nothing about football so this gives me an excuse to explore the club and sport a bit. I can not see me though, becoming a devotee!

Taking part in the A-Z April Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...