Wednesday 10 April 2013

Blogging A-Z - April Challenge - I is for .....Indigenous

Since I first visited Australia in the early 1990s I have been fascinated by the Aborginal culture. Understanding what Dreamtime was and the amazing art that accompanied those stories.

Taken October 2012 - Julie Goucher
This is a piece of artwork that was requested by Wagga Wagga City Council and this particular piece is afixed to the Library building.

The area of Wagga Wagga was originally occupied by the Wiradjuri Peoples and the City Council are really attempting to be inclusive of the historical and Indigenous aspects of Society. The Council have a Heritage Study which can be accessed HERE

I stood for ages looking at this painting, trying to fathom what it actually meant. I failed on that last visit, but perhaps next time!

Last year I spoke of the Aboriginal band Yotha Yindi and you can read that post HERE

Taking part in the A-Z April Challenge

2 comments:

  1. That must be really impressive in real life. I hope that isn't some graffiti on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that it is the leave from the nearby tree that looks like graffiti.

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...