Friday 12 April 2013

Blogging A-Z - April Challenge - K is for .....Kiva

A little earlier this week I made another loan through Kiva as part of the Genealogists for Families Team.  The loan was to a lady in Kenya, so you may well be asking what this has to do with my A-Z Challenge theme of Australia.

Click to enlarge
The Genealogists for Families Team, whose motto is
"We care about families (past, present and future)"
was started by an Australian who continued the legacy of her late father. What a wonderful way to honour a loved one, by sharing their values. Over time I have supported others using my family members birthday's, Christmas and anniversaries as a commemoration. A rather wonderful way of linking past with present and hopefully future.

My first loan was made in honour of my late Grandmother's birthday. The loan to an individual in Sierra Leone,which is where my Grandfather spent half of his Second World War service.

The Genealogists for Families Team is exactly that, a team of enthused genealogists and their friends and family. You can read about the Team HERE. The team has members across the globe, helping people across the globe, but it all started down under!

Taking part in the A-Z April Challenge

3 comments:

  1. I gave my daughter a Kiva card for her birthday today. I hope she becomes as addicted as I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:59 pm

    Kiva is indeed a wonderful way to support others Julie. My first loan was made in memory of my mother and for a young woman to enable her to continue with her education. This was an issue close to mum's heart so making the loan was double happiness for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, I loved the way you paid tribute to your grandmother through Kiva. It's good to see that other people are following your example.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...