Wednesday 17 April 2013

Blogging A-Z - April Challenge - O is for .....Opera House

I was in my early 20s when I first saw the Opera House. I had boarded a plane at Nadi airport in Fiji and a little over 4 hours later the plane swept over the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge and I felt that I had arrived. What had actually happened was my love affair with Australia had begun.

Since then I had landed in Sydney many times, but none of those flights have made the descent over that initial view and every time I share that experience and recall the excitement and wonder I felt that very first time.





These pictures were taken at the end of October. It was a hot, well hot by UK standards at 30 Centigrade. We stood and looked at the Opera House and marvelled at it's beauty. Opened in 1973, from an design published in 1957, the Opera House is 40 this year.

Listed on the World Heritage site as one of Australia's treasures and no visit to Australia should exclude this beauty.

Taking part in the A-Z April Challenge

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:45 pm

    Lovely photos and a great post. Saw you listed on the A to Z challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, seeing things the very first time is bound to leave a lasting impression.
    A-Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. My brother is in Australia right now. He's always loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! I've always wanted to visit the Opera House- I hope I get to some day! Interesting O post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:19 pm

    I was a child when it was built and remember it was so very exotic and different, that opera house literally on the other side of the world (from Sweden). To think that the design was drawn already in 1957, that's amazing, I didn't know that.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...