Friday 7 March 2014

Christine Joyce Butcher - (1947-2014)

Today is the very sad day of Mum's funeral; in fact at the very moment this is published at 1pm GMT, I will be standing along with my husband and family saying a sad farewell to Mum.

So I am just going to share with you a picture collage that I made for a recent post in remembrance of Mum's birthday and a poem that just seems perfect.


If roses grow in heaven 

If roses grow in heaven,
Lord please pick a bunch for me,
Place them in my Mother's arms
and tell her they're from me.
Tell her I love her and miss her,
and when she turns to smile,
place a kiss upon her cheek
and hold her for awhile.
Because remembering her is easy,
I do it every day,
but there's an ache within my heart
that will never go away.
Anonymous

May my Mum rest in peace and know that she will be in our hearts forever.

4 comments:

  1. Thinking and praying for you and your family through this hard day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers go out to you and your family. I know this pain. I relive it often.Thank you for the lovely little poem. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, Your Mum was blessed to have such a devoted daughter as you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, I'm so sorry for your loss. My mum died when I was 33, and it affected me in ways I had not expected. I remember the day I found myself exhibiting one of her "quirks" and exclaiming to my husband "Oh my goodness, I'm turning into my mother!" He looked surprised and said "You're just now realizing that?!" I hope you'll share your insights over the coming months, *and* I hope your wonderful memories of your mother will help you through this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...