Thursday 3 March 2011

Fearless Females - Day 2

March 2 — Post a photo of one of your female ancestors. Who is in the photo? When was it taken? Why did you select this photo?

This has to one of my favourite photographs. Given to me by a first cousin of my Grandfather, another women who lived a really full and meaningful life.

The photograph is of my Great Great Grandmother, sitting down, Caroline Harris nee Ellis (1844 - 1935) and four of her daughters. My Great Grandmother, Annie Prudence Butcher nee Harris, Mabel Sheffield, nee Harris, Kate Cox nee Harris and Rose Cresswell nee Harris.

Caroline died in 1935 aged 91 years. This photo was taken cica 1930.

1 comment:

  1. I missed this one first time around. The daughters look like they are having a great time back there laughing it up. I wonder if their mother made a joke but kept a straight face while they couldn't.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...