Tuesday 8 March 2011

International Women's Day - March 8th

I shall stand and raise glass to my female ancestors.
  • Without their honesty,resilience and hardiness I would not be here.
  • I honour the sacrifices they made in order to raise their families, my ancestors.
  • I am proud of the contribution my ancestors made, in order that future generations would live in a very different world to the one they inhabited.
  • I am proud that women have gained a different place in Society, by gaining the vote, and being treated as equals, all through the hard work of other women. Women who were not frightened to stand and be counted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...